Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Kirk Knoernschild <ki...@qwantify.com> on 2006/09/26 06:15:33 UTC

Configuration

I'm using Roller 2.3, and am looking to do what seems relatively simple.
But I'm looking to the list for some help. Here's what I would like to do.

I have about 15 people and I want each of them to have their own blog.
Of these 15, about half will have blogs hosted external to Roller and
the other half will have blogs hosted on the Roller site I'm setting up.
For those half who have their blogs hosted outside roller, I simply want
to pull their feeds into Roller (I know Planets do this). However, I'd
like it all to appear seamless. The look and feel that I'm shooting for
is to have a sidebar with a list of all bloggers. Clicking on a blogger
will take the user to that specific blog. The main page will display a
list of all blog entries for all bloggers sorted by date. I don't care
to have the Recent Posts or Planet tabs. I simply want the sidebar
listing the bloggers and the main part of the page listing the entries.
I do not care about Technorati rankings or "hot blogs". The listing of
bloggers should always appear in the same order. And when I add a new
user to Roller (whether as a Planet by pulling in their feed from an
external blog or as a new Roller user with the blog hosted by Roller),
I'd like that new user to appear in the Sidebar listing all bloggers.

I can elaborate further if necessary.

Any help on how to setup Roller 2.3 to accommodate this is great
appreciated. thanx in advance.

--kirk