Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/20 23:24:44 UTC

Re: *** SPAM ALERT *** Add file to directory.apache.org

Felix Knecht wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I try to add the file archetype-catalog.xml at http://directory.apache.org/archetype-catalog.xml.
> What I did:
> - Created the file  at p.a.o:/www/directory.apache.org
> - Change .htaccess rule:
> [felixk@minotaur /www/directory.apache.org]$ diff .htaccess-20081020-2248 .htaccess
> 13a14,15
>
>> RewriteRule ^archetype-catalog.xml - [L]
>>

> 37a40
>
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/archetype-catalog.xml
>>

> But I still don't get the file. Is this again a caching problem or is this completely the wrong way to add a file at
> this level?

The pb is that the current .htaccess redirect to /cwiki atm. Is there
something special with this file (archetype-catalog.xml) you want to add
? is it a generated file ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Add file to directory.apache.org

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> Felix Knecht wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I try to add the file archetype-catalog.xml at
>> http://directory.apache.org/archetype-catalog.xml.
>> What I did:
>> - Created the file  at p.a.o:/www/directory.apache.org
>> - Change .htaccess rule:
>> [felixk@minotaur /www/directory.apache.org]$ diff
>> .htaccess-20081020-2248 .htaccess
>> 13a14,15
>>
>>> RewriteRule ^archetype-catalog.xml - [L]
>>>

>> 37a40
>>
>>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/archetype-catalog.xml
>>>

>> But I still don't get the file. Is this again a caching problem or is
>> this completely the wrong way to add a file at
>> this level?
>>
> The pb is that the current .htaccess redirect to /cwiki atm. Is there
> something special with this file (archetype-catalog.xml) you want to add
> ? is it a generated file ?

There's nothing special. It's just a more or less static file with xml content used for the apacheds-webapp archetype
(to get a catalog).