Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Nesbitt <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/20 15:19:29 UTC

fileUpload redirect problem

I am trying to run the example file upload code in BEA
WebLogic 8.1.2, but am getting an error.

All is fine until I try to return from the upload
action class. I do this:

return mapping.findForward("Success");

Which should send it back through struts to where this
is present:

<forward name="Success"
 path="/html/upload-success.jsp" />

Sadly, the jsp is never invoked.  Instead, I get this:

13:07:17,653 [ExecuteThread: '199' for queue:
'default'] DEBUG action.RequestProcessor  -
processForwardConfig(ForwardConfig[name=Success,path=/html/upload-success.jsp,redirect=false,contextRelative=false])
<Apr 19, 2004 1:07:17 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP>
<BEA-101018>
<[ServletContext(id=27649252,name=enames,context-path=/enames)]
Servlet failed with ServletException
javax.servlet.ServletException: Original request not
available
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:111)

A search on "Original request not available"
returns some posts from 2002, but no solutions other
than upgrade to the 1.1 release version of struts,
which I am running.

Scott Nesbitt