Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark McBride <ma...@llnl.gov> on 2003/04/28 19:45:28 UTC

Continuous Integration (Maven/CruiseControl/Continuum)

Does anyone have any examples of using Maven with Cruise Control? I am
currently using Cruise Control to fire off a Ant build which simply calls
the maven.bat for each build.
Does anyone know how to/ have examples:
- Communicate to ant/cruise control if the maven build fails/succeeds.
- How to integrate the maven build results into the emails that are sent by
cruise control after the builds.

I've read that Maven will soon be supporting Continuous Integration with
the Project Continuum. How soon into the future can one expect a release of
Continuum?

Sorry if this has been asked already, I've searched the archive and have
found only bits of information regarding maven and continuous integration.

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

Re: Continuous Integration (Maven/CruiseControl/Continuum)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 13:45, Mark McBride wrote:
> Does anyone have any examples of using Maven with Cruise Control? I am
> currently using Cruise Control to fire off a Ant build which simply calls
> the maven.bat for each build.

I think a fellow on the CruiseControl list has a MavenBuilder so you
might want to check there.

> Does anyone know how to/ have examples:
> - Communicate to ant/cruise control if the maven build fails/succeeds.
> - How to integrate the maven build results into the emails that are sent by
> cruise control after the builds.
>
> I've read that Maven will soon be supporting Continuous Integration with
> the Project Continuum. How soon into the future can one expect a release of
> Continuum?

I haven't let anything loose because Continuum is dependent on the Maven
being fully component-ized which isn't finished yet. If you're desperate
for CI you should probably go find the MavenBuilder that's floating
around. Continuum probably won't be seen in its initial form for 4-6
weeks and even then it's going to need some work. So I wouldn't be
looking at Continuum for the short term.

> Sorry if this has been asked already, I've searched the archive and have
> found only bits of information regarding maven and continuous integration.

No problem, everyone wants it and needs it.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Mark

jvz.

Jason van Zyl