Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2001/11/07 16:39:35 UTC

Re: IpRestrictor Component

Paul,

James doesn't have a similar component, and I'm not sure it really needs
one.  I guess you might want to block incoming mail from certain parts of
your network, but as it would be rather straightforward, I usually think of
this as an OS or network level issue.  Still, if it was easy to add and
configure, I doubt anyone would complain. :)

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/
Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Serge,

Just thinking about this some more, I think it should be a
ConnectionManager implementation - i.e. IPRestrictingConnectionManager.
 That way it would be reusable to may server comps and be an assembler
issue.

Regards,

- Paul