Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2002/06/20 11:11:32 UTC

Tyrex 1.0 and Tomcat 4.x

With Tyrex 1.0, jdbc change from :

tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource is no more present and
tyrex.jdbc.xa.EnabledDataSource moved to tyrex.resource.jdbc.xa.EnabledDataSource

What should be done to fix tomcat 4.0.x and 4.1.x ?

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)

Re: Tyrex 1.0 and Tomcat 4.x

Posted by David Haraburda <da...@haraburda.com>.
Hi Henri,

It is my opinion that the TyrexDataSourceFactory class can be removed... you are
right, there is only
an EnableDataSource (which did move), and it implements
javax.naming.spi.ObjectFactory itself,
so there is no need for a seperate factory to create these objects (IMHO).

I have just now written a patch for TyrexTransactionFactory to make Tomcat work with
Tyrex 1.0.
I am in the process of testing it and when I'm done I plan on posting it here for
review.

David