Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Shute, James" <ja...@lehman.com> on 2008/03/13 19:27:23 UTC

scm:checkout not using supplied password

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the scm:checkout goal (M1.1, using the 1.6.1 scm
plugin, Windows XP)

From what I can see my scm url is fine
(scm:cvs:pserver:jshute:XXXXXX@cvshost:/home/source:MyModule), but when
it does the checkout it's refusing to use the password I've supplied in
the URL.  Instead it always outputs a warning about "blank password".

The only way I can get it to work is to manually do a "cvs login" and
then enter the password.  Then if I do the maven scm:checkout again it
works fine.  This would suggest that the checkout is deferring to the
CVS install on my box, rather than any inbuilt java CVS library. Is
there any way to control this?  I've seen references to some
maven.scm.provider.cvs.implementation property, but it's not clear what
that would be set to, or whether it's applicable to Maven 1.

Anybody know how to get round this?  I need to get my build set up so
it's totally scripted with no command line input required- so the "cvs
login" approach is no good, as for the cvs impl I have there's no way of
supplying the password other than typing it in when prompted

thanks

James