Posted to user@distributedlog.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2016/12/14 08:04:21 UTC

[discuss] Official Slack or Gitter channel for Distributedlog

Hi all,

As some forks are asking the slack or Gitter for DL, and the ASF provides
the official support for both of them, I'd like to start a discussion
thread about this :

- do you want an official slack or Gitter channel?
-  which channel do you prefer? Slack or Gitter?

Please comment with your opinion. Appreciate your participation.

Thanks,
Sijie

Re: [discuss] Official Slack or Gitter channel for Distributedlog

Posted by Jay Juma <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 for slack.

Posted by Jay Juma <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 for slack.

Posted by Jon Derrick <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 for slack.

--
- jderrick

Re: [discuss] Official Slack or Gitter channel for Distributedlog

Posted by Jon Derrick <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 for slack.

--
- jderrick

Re: [discuss] Official Slack or Gitter channel for Distributedlog

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1 for slack

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1 for slack

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I'm +1 for Slack.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I'm +1 for Slack.

Posted by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com>.
Either works for me.

- KN

[result] [discuss] Official Slack or Gitter channel for Distributedlog

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
To conclude this thread:

7 +1 for Slack
3 +1 for either Slack or Gitter
0 -1

So I think we will go for Slack.

Can any IPMC member help on setting this or point me any links on how to
set this up?

Sijie

Posted by Arun Khetarpal <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Slack