Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bob Kline <bk...@rksystems.com> on 2001/02/05 21:07:28 UTC

RE: UTF-16

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 wwshen@eecs.umich.edu wrote:

>     Sorry that I am out of office in the past week. I tried to
> generate the xml file from Rational Rose add-in XMI. It looks like
> that they add some unkown characters in the very beginning file.

Those aren't unknown characters, they're the Byte-Order-Marker required
for UTF-16.

> But when I run it under xerces-1.2 I also can not get the result at
> the moment. But when I chose ISO in Rational rose everything is
> going well.

I don't experience the problem you reported when I run the XML file you
sent through the DOMPrint sample (with validation turned off, of course,
since I don't have uml.dtd) under version 1.4, so it seems likely that
if there was a problem in 1.2 it has been fixed since.  Try upgrading to
1.4 and see what happens.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com