Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com> on 2010/10/01 15:14:17 UTC

Re: OpenCMIS Client Questions

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Chris Hubick <ch...@hubick.com> wrote:
> My first problem was that chemistry-opencmis-commons-impl and
> chemistry-opencmis-client-bindings both require jaxws-rt 2.1.7, which is
> only available from http://download.java.net/maven/1/ and the Maven
> 3.0-beta-3 I am using no longer has support for legacy Maven 1
> repositories:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-compatibility-notes.html#Maven3.xCompatibilityNotes-LegacystyleRepositories
> I was forced to manually locate, download, and install it into my local
> repo as a workaround.  The Maven 2 repo seems to have several versions
> of jaxws-rt 2.2 available, which could make things easier for users if
> it's not a huge upgrade.

I had the same problem on some in-house build slaves, and I think I fixed it.

The problem was that an "old" legacy repository 'java.net' pointing to
https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository was being
pulled from the jax-ws-commons 1.0 POM which was itself pulled from
the jaxws-maven-plugin 1.10 POM.
This repository is obsolete and redirects to the correct one but maven
loads the redirect page itself instead of following the redirect (I
don't know why). This caused jaxws-tools or jaxws-rt to have corrupted
artefacts and the rest follows.

I fixed this by giving an explicit 1.12 version to jaxws-maven-plugin
which causes the whole chain of dependencies to pull more modern POMs
with the proper http://download.java.net/maven/1/ legacy repository.

Florent