Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Pool <dp...@SeeBeyond.com> on 2001/11/07 22:29:13 UTC

Where are Tomcat 4.0 compiled JSP's?

Tomcat 3.x builds/compiles servlets in it's work directory. Tomcat 4.0 does
not appear to be doing so. How does Tomcat 4.0 handle this now? Are there
some parameters that can be set in server.xml that affect this behavior? I
apologize if this is in docs somewhere, I've been looking for it but don't
see what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

David Pool
dpool AT seebeyond DOT com

Re: Where are Tomcat 4.0 compiled JSP's?

Posted by Valera Molyakov <va...@kompan.com.ua>.
Look at

%TOMCAT_HOME%/work/HOST/MAP

where

HOST - your host( for example localhost)
MAP - your application map ( for example - examples )

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, David Pool wrote:

> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:29:13 -0800
> From: David Pool <dp...@SeeBeyond.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Where are Tomcat 4.0 compiled JSP's?
>
> Tomcat 3.x builds/compiles servlets in it's work directory. Tomcat 4.0 does
> not appear to be doing so. How does Tomcat 4.0 handle this now? Are there
> some parameters that can be set in server.xml that affect this behavior? I
> apologize if this is in docs somewhere, I've been looking for it but don't
> see what I'm looking for.

By default, Tomcat 4 sets up subdirectories under "work" for each
hostname, and subdirectories under that for each webapp on that host.
Inside *those* directories is where the generated JSP classes are put.

> Thanks,
>
> David Pool
> dpool AT seebeyond DOT com

Craig