Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/31 19:38:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.3.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.3.0 release.

We had these new features added as part of 2.3.0:

[ARTEMIS-1270] - Provide a Management Console for Artemis
[ARTEMIS-1322] - Add a ServerLocator option to ignore topology for
load-balancing
[ARTEMIS-1324] - Critical Analysis and deadlock detection on broker
[ARTEMIS-1342] - Support Netty Native KQueue on MacOS
[ARTEMIS-1348] - Support LVQ for AMQP

The release notes can be found here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12341247

Source and binary distributions can be found here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1145/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.3.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1145

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.3.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

* The vote will remain open until Sep-5th 2017 at 3:30 PM EST

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.2.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (binding) +1

Regards

* = (which is over the usual 72 hours, which I decided to give US
people some extra time to review this release as there is a holiday
for this coming weekend)

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.3.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Consider it canceled. I will send a Cancel email when I get to a computer.

One thing I will need is the exact sequence of comands Tim used to get the
logger error.  Or if that was environmental.  I couldn't reproduce that on
in different envs.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.3.0

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
-1.

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
Tim,

Posted by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
> /Users/clebertsuconic/Downloads/apache-artemis-2.3.0 foo
worked on my mac, and two different linuxes I have access.. perhaps it
was something else on your box?

You must be doing something wrong there.

> FireFox v55.0.2 on my Linux machine shows Hawt.io branding, the site does
> show the ActiveMQ branding in Chromium though but I'd suggest trying a range
> of browsers and platforms.

I tried that and it worked...

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 08/31/2017 08:34 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> tried on a directory with spaces:
>
> /Users/clebertsuconic/Downloads/with spaces/apache-artemis-2.3.0
try this, although could behave different on Mac as with most everything
else.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.3.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.3.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 8:15 PM Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2017 07:59 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > 1. worked for me... nothing changed really...
>
> I had a space in the path that the extractor was nice enough to add,
> although it seems like it should be smart enough to handle that case as
> spaces are valid if a little dumb

I test it all the time with spaces. I have an internal CI doing it with an
example.

.

> > 2. I think this is a bug with one specific browser (Safari).
>
> I was using FireFox so guess not just one browser.

What version of Firefox ?

> > On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 7:30 PM, Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12341247

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1145/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.3.0/

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1145

> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.3.0

> >> Two things I've noticed so far in checking the release:
> >>
> >> 1. After creating a broker instance from the binary tar.gz and running
> that
> >> instance I get the following in the console
> >>
> >> Could not load Logmanager "org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager"
> >> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager
> >>      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
> >>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
> >>      at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335)
> >>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
> >>      at java.util.logging.LogManager$1.run(LogManager.java:195)
> >>      at java.util.logging.LogManager$1.run(LogManager.java:181)
> >>      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >>      at java.util.logging.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:181)
> >>      at java.util.logging.Logger.demandLogger(Logger.java:448)
> >>      at java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:502)
> >>      at
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.boot.Artemis.<clinit>(Artemis.java:40)
> >>
> >> 2. When I visit the Web console at http://localhost:8161/console I get
> >> console but not with ActiveMQ branding on it, it has mostly Hawt.io
> branding
> >> which I'm guessing is wrong ;)  This seems -1 worthy unless I've done
> >> something terribly wrong.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Tim Bish
> >>

> --
> Tim Bish
> twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/
>
> --
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.3.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.3.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.