Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/02 22:46:49 UTC

Google Analytics for the Sling web site

Hi,

Jackrabbit is using Google Analytics to track usage of the
jackrabbit.apache.org web site, and I was wondering if Sling would be
interested in similar data. See [1] for an example report.

[1] http://markmail.org/download.xqy?id=7xwz2anfrp4tfiko&number=1

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Google Analytics for the Sling web site

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Jackrabbit is using Google Analytics to track usage of the
> jackrabbit.apache.org web site, and I was wondering if Sling would be
> interested in similar data. See [1] for an example report.

With my Sling Hat on I could be interested in these figures and favor
it. With my Internet Surfer hat on I am not really sure whether I like
the idea of Google gathering this information.

All in all I tend to rather not be in favor of this.

Regards
Felix

Re: Google Analytics for the Sling web site

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Jukka Zitting<ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Jackrabbit is using Google Analytics to track usage of the
> jackrabbit.apache.org web site, and I was wondering if Sling would be
> interested in similar data. See [1] for an example report.
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/download.xqy?id=7xwz2anfrp4tfiko&number=1...

I like the idea, several other Apache projects use it already and
stats can be useful.

-Bertrand