Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/26 12:34:09 UTC

Re: [Java Broker - 6.0.1] Unhandled exception with Berkley DB message store

Hi Adel,

Thanks for reporting, it is certainly not normal.

Could you raise a Jira and attach a minimal qpid.log, scrubbed of any
information you deem confidential (IP addresses etc)?
I am interested to see all the log statements produced by the Broker
from when it started to when it failed in the above way.  My best
guess is something else has gone wrong prior and then there is this
second failure producing the unexpected shutdown.

I am not aware of anything pertinent changing between 6.0.1 and 6.0.4
which might have a bearing here, but you should consider upgrading to
6.0.4 anyway as there have been a number of important defect fixes
including security fixes.

Kind regards Keith.

Posted by Adel Boutros <ad...@live.com>.
Indeed, what you are saying is correct.

Actually in my test, I have a Dead Letter queue sort of whose messages are never consumed. This queue has a TTL set for its messages.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adel Boutros <ad...@live.com>.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adel Boutros <ad...@live.com>.

Hello Keith,Unfortunately, as the issue is random and I am restart the broker a lot of times in my tests, I don't have a qpid.log to provide. I will try to reproduce and send it.As for the update to 6.0.4, one my colleagues tried to upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.4 and encountered failures at the level of our binding filters tests. So we upgraded to 6.0.1 instead. We didn't have time yet to inspect the failures yet and report them if needed.
In the meantime, I have created a Jira issue for the unhandled exception. Maybe the exception is expected but I was hoping to see it in the logs not as part of an unhandled exception.https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-7363Regards,Adel