Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2008/06/19 02:39:23 UTC

Bug fix day: Sat. June 21, 2008?

Hi all,

One idea I've been meaning to float here is a bug fix day.  I know of
other projects that have had them with at least some degree of success.
Typically these are a bit larger projects, but they do manage to rope in
support from non-committers.

The basic idea is that we're all busy folks and work on Cayenne in our
spare time.  If we could group together for one day and make a concerted
effort to kill some bugs, the project as a whole benefits.  The mean time
to bug fix is typically lowered because we can bounce ideas off each other
in IRC in real time and so forth and so on.  Ideally we'd even get users
to contribute some patches.

I realize that with varying timezones and schedules this can be difficult,
but it's also a more laid back system.  Come and go as you need.

If no one has any serious problems, I'd like to try the first one this
coming Sat. and I'll announce it on the user list.  It is short notice,
but my guess is that it really doesn't matter what weekend we use as
someone is likely to have a scheduling conflict.

Thoughts?

--
Kevin

Re: Bug fix day: Sat. June 21, 2008?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Then maybe let's make another attempt at scheduling 1 month from now?

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Looks like we'll have to bow to the reality of distributed
development. Getting everybody in a same virtual room seems to be just
as hard as getting everybody in one physical place at the same time.
So maybe we do it the regular way - via the mailing list spread over
the course of a few weeks?

Andrus

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Heh.  I can't do the following Sat. and the one after that is a national
holiday in the US.  If you and Ari and others can do next Sat. though,
that should be fine.  I'll still do my part this coming weekend.

I'll send a message out to the user list to that effect later today.

--
Kevin

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.