Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Williamson, Siehnai" <sw...@docucorp.com> on 2002/02/26 00:35:48 UTC

Getting error on valid xml doc

Hi,

I keep getting the error, "Unknown element 'XMLGUI'", when I parse the xml
document below.  It doesn't have a corresponding DTD or schema, so what is
Xerces checking the document against?  The document is below.

 <<gui2_8859_1.xml>>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!-- TransAll XML Document -->
<XMLGUI>   <WINDOW  id="T1"  caption="Test for cdata section">
<![CDATA[ROOT = 0, ELEMENT = 1, CHARDATA = 2, etc.]]>    Anything inside a
cdata section is treated as plain text    <LABEL  id="cdata"  caption="Test
for cdata section">The XML processor will not attempt to interpret cdata
sections as markup</LABEL>    <BUTTON  id="bcancel"  caption="Cancel"/>
<TEXTBOX>Cdata test appears to have worked OK</TEXTBOX> </WINDOW>   <WINDOW
id="T2"  caption="Test for comment">    Comments cannot come before the XML
declaration and cannot appear inside of an element tag    <!-- If you want
more XML test data to be created just simply let me know and I'll hook you
up -->    <LABEL  id="comment"  caption="Test for comment">Comments are
ignored by the XML processorp</LABEL>    <TEXTBOX>Comment test appears to
have worked OK</TEXTBOX> </WINDOW>   <WINDOW  id="T3"  caption="Test for
processing instruction">    PI's are mostly for the use of developers rather
than end-users    <?XMLTesting "The updates are in TransAll's XML
Deliverables.doc. Use the .TSC I will send you to get some ideas on how to
retrieve processing instruction information.  The XML Data Type Code for
PI's is 4"?>    <LABEL  id="ProcessingInstruction"  caption="Test for
processing instruction">PI's allow developers to place information specific
to an outside application within the doucment ignored by the XML
processorp</LABEL>    <BUTTON  id="bcancel"  caption="Cancel"/>
<TEXTBOX>Processing instruction test appears to have worked OK</TEXTBOX>
</WINDOW> </XMLGUI>

Thanks,
Siehnai

Re: Getting error on valid xml doc

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
Getting error on valid xml docWhat line number is it reporting the error at?

Dean Roddey
The Charmed Quark Controller
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"If it don't have a control port, don't buy it!"