Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/10 09:39:22 UTC

Dependency policy

Hello.
For example, I used Tika0.8 (POI-3.7, pdfbox-1.3.1).In fact I used solr3.1.
But it raised a text extraction error in a special excel.
This issue seemed to be fixed at POI-3.8Bata2.
At this time, Can I replace POI with POI-3.8Bata2?
Is it compatible?(I tried to replace it, it worked without error.)
Do developer and user allow to change another version files?
i want to  know how to resolve the issue about dependency jar files.
If above things happened, is there a policy we should do?

Regards,
Shinichiro Abe

Re: Dependency policy

Posted by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi. I will try to back port and check the working.I understood.
Thank you.

Shinichiro Abe

Re: Dependency policy

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Re: Dependency policy

Posted by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply.

The general process with POI, I understand.
But, Is it okay or be able to allow that POI 3.8 beta 2 on Tika0.8, not POI 3.7 on Tika0.8?(I do not want to use the latest Tika0.9 trunk)
Does it have possibilities that sometimes it does not work for updating the API use at one of the parts?

Shinichiro Abe

Re: Dependency policy

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.