Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Wyraz <mi...@evermind.de> on 2014/05/14 12:44:17 UTC

Tapeystry 5.4-b3 less support?

Hi,

I have read that t5.4 supports server-side less-css but I did not find
any documentation. Where can I read about how it is used?

Especially I'm interested in using bootstrap + some other css as "less"
version and put all color definitions and such to a central place.

Kind regards,
Michael.

Re: Tapeystry 5.4-b3 less support?

Posted by Michael Wyraz <mi...@evermind.de>.
Hi Howard,
> What, you expect documentation, too ... what an ingrate!  :-)
Hey, I'm a programmer, I never expect docs ^^
> The Less support is part of the tapestry-webresources module.  Mostly it
> just works; just point Tapestry at your .less file and it will compile it
> as needed.
>
> It's slightly trickier to replace Tapestry's built-in bootstrap.css with
> bootstrap.less, but still quite doable ... some of the tests in
> tapestry-webresources do just that, so that might be a good starting point
> on how to manage it.
Seems that I have somehow change the coreStack which is set up in
JavaScriptModule.setupCoreJavaScriptStack. If I would do that - how
could I provide global less variables to all less files? Or do I have to
include it in all less resources?

Re: Tapeystry 5.4-b3 less support?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 3:44 AM, Michael Wyraz <mi...@evermind.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have read that t5.4 supports server-side less-css but I did not find any
> documentation. Where can I read about how it is used?
>
> Especially I'm interested in using bootstrap + some other css as "less"
> version and put all color definitions and such to a central place.
>
> Kind regards,
> Michael.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry