Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by ic...@nepal.inf.org on 2013/10/25 12:07:34 UTC

Problems with Openmeetins & RTMPS

Hi,
we are trying to use Openmeetings in our organisation for conferences.
It works very nice on the unencrypted protocols HTTP/RTMP but when I
switch it over to HTTPS and RTMPS I get the same problems that are
mentioned here:
http://markmail.org/thread/35cbwifpeme2loee
and here: http://markmail.org/message/cjlf2nwwpiwawg2o

The problem occurs different but both on 2.1.1 and 2.2.0

2.1.1
runs first fine but after a random time client and server freezes.
EXIT button does not work. Have to restart the server to log in again.

2.2.0 r1535431-24-10-2013_1638
video and voice freezes after some seconds. Chat still works! The
Server still runs and I can click the EXIT button and come into the
room again to have some more seconds of video/voice

For both cases there are no error messages I can see when I run the
server with ./red5-debug.sh

I've build 2.1.1 myself according to this instructions:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27838216/Installing+OM2.1.1+on+Debian64+Wheezy.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1380291632000

But for 2.2.0 I've used the build from jenkins.

Both versions are running on Debian Weezy on Amazon EC2. The SSL
certificate is an official certificate from http://www.cheapssls.com/
No other applications are running on the server, its dedicated for
OpenMeetings.

Does anybody got to the bottom of that? Or does somebody had more luck
with RTMPS? Can I do something more to debug that?

Greetings from Nepal
Artur Neumann
INF (www.inf.org)

Re: Problems with Openmeetins & RTMPS

Posted by ic...@nepal.inf.org.
OK, Thank you very much!
Its getting late here. I will be in the office on Monday again from
8:00 UTC+5:45 (Nepal)
And I'm very happy to help investigate that problem because if I get
that working beginning next week I will have one big problem solved
and my bosses will be very happy.

Artur

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--