Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Asbell, Jonathan" <Jo...@McGraw-Hill.com> on 2002/11/19 15:14:41 UTC

<<< client calls with authenticating proxy >>>

I have seen many postings regarding webservice client calls through an
authenticating proxy.  I have tried all of the solutions and have had no
success.  The solutions I have tried are below.  Any suggestions?

NETWORK ARCHITECTURE
internal webservice client code --> internal authenticating proxy -->
internet --> external target webservice

ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS

1)
System.getProperties().setProperty("http.proxyHost", "myhost");
System.getProperties().setProperty("http.proxyPort", "myport");

2)
call.setUsername("myusername");
call.setPassword("mypassword");

3)
Authenticator.setDefault(new MYAuthenticator());

4)
call.setTargetEndpointAddress("
http://myusername:mypassword@myproxy@externalwebservice
<ht...@externalwebservice> ");

5)
String auth = "myusername:mypassword";
encodedAuth = javax.mail.internet.MimeUtility.encodeText(auth);
System.getProperties().setProperty("http.proxyAuth", encodedAuth);

Re: <<< client calls with authenticating proxy >>>

Posted by Pedro Mendoza <pe...@adpclearing.org>.
hi Jonathan,

try using the following setup code

System.setProperty("proxySet", "true");
System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "yourproxyhost");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "yourproxyport");
System.setProperty("http.proxyUser", "yourproxyusername");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPassword", "yourproxypassword");

and the normal SOAP connection mechanism will use the System properties

it worked for me

hope this help