Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com> on 2019/12/28 06:50:43 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Deprecating V1 and V2 file format

Hi all,

CarbonData introduced V3 file format in 2017, almost 3 years ago. I have not seen issues reporting for V1 and V2 format for very long time, so guessing all users have migrated to V3 format.

So, to reduce community’s maintenance effort, I suggest to keep V3 format support only since CarbonData 2.0. It is easier for developer to introduce new file format if required.

What do you think?

Regards,
Jacky