Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@Elsag-Solutions.com> on 2003/11/14 10:33:29 UTC

Outdated Merlin docs

Hi Steve,

I could not find the source for the web page describing the Merlin installation in CVS: http://avalon.apache.org/merlin/starting/installation.html. While there is such a page somewhere in avalon-site, that seems to be a generated page and not the original source. So a patch is senseless.

Basically the installation instucrions are quite old. Nowadays you've to checkout avalon/merlin and build it with "maven merlin:install".

Regards,
Jörg

Re: Outdated Merlin docs

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Jörg :

The page in question was updated a couple of days ago (at least in
cvs).  The source is in the directory
/avalon/merlin/platform/xdocs/starting/installation.xml

I'm just doing an import of the latest site generation so content should
be up-to-date in 0-6 hours.

Stephen.

Jörg Schaible wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>I could not find the source for the web page describing the Merlin installation in CVS: http://avalon.apache.org/merlin/starting/installation.html. While there is such a page somewhere in avalon-site, that seems to be a generated page and not the original source. So a patch is senseless.
>
>Basically the installation instucrions are quite old. Nowadays you've to checkout avalon/merlin and build it with "maven merlin:install".
>
>Regards,
>Jörg

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org