Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tim <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/09 20:43:08 UTC

How to get a SessionState object in AppModule.contributeTypeCoercer ?

I'm contributing a type coercer for one of my classes called
SearchCriteria in my AppModule.contributeTypeCoercer method.
SearchCriteria is a class that holds search information for when someone
does a search on the website, and I'm passing it around with onActivate
and onPassivate.  It is the activation context.  That part works well.

However, to personalize the search, I really need more of the user's
details, which I keep in a SessionState object conveniently called
UserDetails.  It would be really handy for me to get the UserDetails
session state inside the AppModule.contributeTypeCoercer method, so I
can give it to SearchCriteria when it is created there.

I hope that makes sense.  Anyone have a nifty line of code that can let
me do this?

Thanks a lot.

--
Tim

Re: How to get a SessionState object in AppModule.contributeTypeCoercer ?

Posted by trsvax <tr...@gmail.com>.
Get the ApplicationStateManager in the appmodule method call and from there
you can get  any session state.

Re: How to get a SessionState object in AppModule.contributeTypeCoercer ?

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Just inject ApplicationStateManager into the contribution method. The
service provides access to SSOs. Note that injecting into TypeCoercer's
contribute method is special; you need to use @InjectService annotation.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Tim <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm contributing a type coercer for one of my classes called
> SearchCriteria in my AppModule.**contributeTypeCoercer method.
>  SearchCriteria is a class that holds search information for when someone
> does a search on the website, and I'm passing it around with onActivate and
> onPassivate.  It is the activation context.  That part works well.
>
> However, to personalize the search, I really need more of the user's
> details, which I keep in a SessionState object conveniently called
> UserDetails.  It would be really handy for me to get the UserDetails
> session state inside the AppModule.**contributeTypeCoercer method, so I
> can give it to SearchCriteria when it is created there.
>
> I hope that makes sense.  Anyone have a nifty line of code that can let me
> do this?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> Tim