Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lauren Commons <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/18 19:57:16 UTC

manager installation

I'm having a problem using the web application
manager.
We have just moved from Tomcat version 4.0.4 to
4.1.24, in part to be able to remove and install
applications with war files.

If we "remove" an application, we can confirm that the
directory and war file are deleted.
Next, we install a new war file (with modified jsp or
java files), either by moving the war file to the
server and installing the app or by uploading the war
 file via the web manager.
After installing the app, the new/modified jsp or java
files are not installed.  Instead, the old versions of
the files are installed, and new files are not there
at all.  In other words, the OLD war file, which is no
where in site, has been reinstalled, and the new war
file is ignored.

Stopping and starting Tomcat is the only way to get
the old version of the application truelly removed,
and the new version installed.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the expected behaviour.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.