Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joel Hainley <jh...@myndkryme.com> on 2003/07/20 11:10:56 UTC

Struts 1.1 prepareStatement woes

I have been trying to get this working for a few hours and am going to beg
and plead for help.. 8-)

I am getting the error......

"java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.struts.legacy.GenericConnection.prepareStatement(Ljava/lang/Strin
g;I)Ljava/sql/PreparedStatement;"

...while using the struts 1.1 jar files ( using all of the jar files in the
lib directory of the release ) and putting them in the classpath for the
build and with Tomcat

If I roll back and use struts 1.1-rc1 files ( using all .jar files in the
lib directory of the release ), and recompile, and put these jar files in
the appropriate directory on tomcat i don't get this error.

What am I not doing? I'm sure it's something simple but I can't see it...

What do I need to change/use to be able to use the 1.1 version of struts?

Thanks,

Joel

Re: Struts 1.1 prepareStatement woes

Posted by Siva <si...@india.adventnet.com>.
Dear Joel,

You are using some struts API in your class which was implementes (not
abstract) in RC2 and become abstract in 1.1 final release. AbstractMethodError
will happen only in these scenario.

Siva