Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Zachary Bonjour <zb...@vibrantcreditunion.org> on 2017/03/23 21:01:22 UTC

RDP Virtual Drive

using 0.9.11
<https://vibrantcreditunion.org>

I've enabled the virtual drive and used a path on my guac server:

[image: Inline image 1]

I'm not seeing any new disk drives after logging in.  I've also tried
leaving the drive path blank, using a windows UNC share, and /tmp/.

Is it hardcoded to use a specific drive letter?

Also, in the future, I'd like to map that to the user's personal network
share.  Is ${GUAC_USERNAME} the best way to accomplish that?

intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving,
copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by
reply email and delete all copies.

Re: RDP Virtual Drive

Posted by Zachary Bonjour <zb...@vibrantcreditunion.org>.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Re: RDP Virtual Drive

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Zachary Bonjour <
zbonjour@vibrantcreditunion.org> wrote:

> ldd shows the libfreerdp*.so files in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
> So I created the symlinks there and restarted tomcat and guacd, then
> eventually the whole server.
>
> I am still getting the failed to load errors.[image: Inline image 1]
>
> NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are
> intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
> The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving,
> copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by
> reply email and delete all copies.

You're almost there:

> They need to be in the "freerdp/" subdirectory of whereever
libfreerdp*.so has been installed (creating that directory first, if
necessary).

Those files thus need to be within "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp/",
not "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/".

- Mike

Re: RDP Virtual Drive

Re: RDP Virtual Drive

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Zachary Bonjour <
zbonjour@vibrantcreditunion.org> wrote:

> After taking a closer look at the logs, I'm seeing this:
>
> guacd[28640]: Failed to load guacdr plugin. Drive redirection and printing
> will not work. Sound MAY not work.
>
> guacd[28640]: Failed to load guacsnd alongside guacdr plugin. Sound will
> not work. Drive redirection and printing MAY not work.
>
> I found the guacdr-client.so and guacsnd-client.so files in
> /usr/local/lib/freerdp/
>
> Do they need to be moved somewhere else?

Yes, however I'd recommend symlinking them rather than moving them, that
way you don't need to keep doing this after future upgrades, etc.

They need to be in the "freerdp/" subdirectory of whereever libfreerdp*.so
has been installed (creating that directory first, if necessary). That
location varies quite a bit between distribution and install method, so you
may have to dig around a bit. Checking:

    ldd /usr/local/lib/libguac-client-rdp.so | grep libfreerdp

should reveal where libfreerdp*.so were installed.

- Mike

Re: RDP Virtual Drive

Posted by Zachary Bonjour <zb...@vibrantcreditunion.org>.

--
<https://www.vibrantcreditunion.org/>

*Zach Bonjour*
DevOps Engineer
800-323-5109 x2000 | *vibrantcreditunion.org
<http://vibrantcreditunion.org>*

Re: RDP Virtual Drive

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.