Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Jeremy J. Grelle" <Je...@jdsu.com> on 2006/06/01 22:17:56 UTC

RE: Upcoming Tomahawk Release

I just did a completely fresh checkout of the tomahawk 1_1_3 branch to
build and do some testing and it seems the dependencies on api and impl
have changed to 1.1.4-SNAPSHOT.  I thought the coming release was only
for Tomahawk, so isn't this incorrect?  It should still be built against
api/impl 1.1.3, right?  Also, what about the dependency on
2.0.2-SNAPSHOT?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:51 PM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Upcoming Tomahawk Release

I made a tomahawk 1_1_3 branch but its not compiling at the moment.
The references to jsf api and impl are 1.1.3-SNAPSHOT since 1.1.3 is
not in ibiblio yet (we need to take care of that btw.)  I will change
them before the official release.  That shouldn't make a difference
though.

I'm going to be offline for the weekend.  Can some people take a look
at this over the weekend and do some basic testing?  Just do a mvn
install after checking out the branch (no RC yet.)

Sean

Re: Upcoming Tomahawk Release

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> I just did a completely fresh checkout of the tomahawk 1_1_3 branch to
> build and do some testing and it seems the dependencies on api and impl
> have changed to 1.1.4-SNAPSHOT.  I thought the coming release was only
> for Tomahawk, so isn't this incorrect?  It should still be built against
> api/impl 1.1.3, right?  Also, what about the dependency on
> 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT?

I changed to core 1.1.2 since the 1.1.3 version is not in ibiblio and
it shouldn't matter since its only used for compile and testing
purposes.  Thanks for pointing this out.  Feel free to checkout the
branch again and see if things are working properly.

> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Sean

Re: Upcoming Tomahawk Release

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm api and impl should probably be changed to the 1.1.3 release
version at this point.  The 2.0.2 snapshot for shared is correct.
We'll release it when we release tomhawk so it will be changed from
snapshot to final at that point.  Right now the snapshot is the
proposed final version.

Sean