Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by dong wang <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/31 05:37:27 UTC

is the inverted index feature available now

Hi, currently, is it available for us to use this feature to filter the raw
data without any aggregations?

in addition, do we support complicated data types in HIVE such as
array, maps, structs?

Re: is the inverted index feature available now

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
The backend of inverted index is done but still lack of GUI frontend for
users.

We are doing PoC (proof of concept) of inverted index under the streaming
architecture
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-kylin/blob/master/docs/TechInside/Kylin%200.7%20Lambda%20Architecture.md>
internally, and compare with Druid. So far the result is very promising.
With OLAP cube as the historic storage, we expect much better query latency
than Druid.

There is no recent plan to support composite data types like array, map,
structure. Our priority in the coming months is streaming and cube build
performance improvement.

Cheers
Yang