Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/03 19:19:25 UTC

Erroneous Baseline Topology documentation

Igniters,

Seems like we have an inconsistency in our Baseline Topology
documentation:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology#section-setting-the-topology-from-code

> Java developers can use the IgniteCluster interface to initialize the
> very first baseline topology or to adjust an existing one. The sample
> below shows how to add all the existing server nodes to the baseline
> topology:​
> // Connecting to the cluster.
> Ignite ignite = Ignition.start();
>
> // Setting the baseline topology to a specific Ignite cluster topology
> version.
> ignite.cluster().setBaselineTopology(2);
This is not true; baseline topology can't be changed on inactive
cluster. The only viable way to initialize the very first baseline
topology is manual cluster activation. This is correctly explained in
this section:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology#section-first-cluster-startup

--
Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov

Re: Erroneous Baseline Topology documentation

Posted by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Prachi, thanks!

Documentation looks good now.

Best Regards,