Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sean Fulton <fu...@cmu.edu> on 2005/01/31 16:16:36 UTC

How are you doing dynamic and reusable content?

Hello all,

I'd be interested in hearing how current users are doing dynamic and
resusable content in Lenya. It's not clear to me from the documentation
how this is achieved. Anyone have a simple example?

Do you use Lenya as a production sesrver or export statically from
Lenya and do dynamic content another way? Do you use a database? Do you
create special doctypes for reusable components?

Any anecdotes, tips appreciated.

Thanks,

	Sean

Re: How are you doing dynamic and reusable content?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Sean Fulton wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd be interested in hearing how current users are doing dynamic and
> resusable content in Lenya. It's not clear to me from the documentation
> how this is achieved. Anyone have a simple example?

http://www.unipublic.unizh.ch/ uses lots of reusable content. it uses
xinclude to aggregate these collections.

the unipublic publication is part of the unizh module, which you can get
from http://wyona.org

> Do you use Lenya as a production sesrver or export statically from Lenya
> and do dynamic content another way? Do you use a database? Do you create
> special doctypes for reusable components?

take a look at that publication, and let us know if you have follow-up
questions. note that this is but one way to achieve content reuse.
another one would be to use <map:aggregate>

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com