Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Matthew Carey <ma...@ssl.co.uk> on 2004/08/27 12:24:39 UTC

Proxy portlet

As the SwingConsumer can't do form entry yet is there a resource
somewhere that explains how to use a proxy portlet as a consumer instead?

Re: Proxy portlet

Posted by Diego Louzán Martínez <di...@metalicana.org>.
Thank you, this self-conversation has been very informative to me,
because I had the same problem. :-P

--

Diego Louzán.

Re: Proxy portlet

Re: Proxy portlet

Posted by Matthew Carey <ma...@ssl.co.uk>.
Matthew Carey wrote:
> Matthew Carey wrote:
>

> java.lang.NullPointerException at
> org.apache.wsrp4j.consumer.portlet.impl.ProxyPortlet.getWindowSession
> (ProxyPortlet.java:517)

This is at the line

getProducer(portletKey.getProducerId());

Which pretty much means that some aspect of the configuration is
missing. Whether I need more files in persistence/ or more parameters
passed from pluto I am not sure, or I am barking up the wrong tree.

Re: Proxy portlet

Posted by Matthew Carey <ma...@ssl.co.uk>.
Matthew Carey wrote:
> Matthew Carey wrote:
>
>> Matthew Carey wrote:
>>
>>> As the SwingConsumer can't do form entry yet is there a resource
>>> somewhere that explains how to use a proxy portlet as a consumer
>>> instead?
>>

>> I probably have missed something very obvious here as no one has
>> commented to this post. The word proxy is mentioned just twice in the
>> WSRP spec standard text body. I am perfectly willing to read the
>> manual, I just need to know where it is.
>
> OK I think I get it after reading the ProxyPortlet.java source. I need
> to deploy a JSR168 portal such as Pluto and refer to the ProxyPortlet
> from that.

Now I have deployed Pluto and I am trying to add the proxyportlet to it.

If I simply do the obvious and edit these two files below ofcourse it
does not work. I need to do more as it is trying to run the proxy portlet.

java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.wsrp4j.consumer.portlet.impl.ProxyPortlet.getWindowSession
(ProxyPortlet.java:517)

  webapps/pluto/WEB-INF/data/portlentityregistry.xml like this

<portlet-entity-registry>
     <application id="3">
         <definition-id>testsuite</definition-id>
         <portlet id="1">
             <definition-id>testsuite.TestPortlet1</definition-id>
             <preferences>
                 <pref-name>TestName4</pref-name>
                 <pref-value>TestValue4</pref-value>
                 <read-only>true</read-only>
             </preferences>
         </portlet>
     </application>
     <application id="4">
         <definition-id>testsuite</definition-id>
         <portlet id="1">
             <definition-id>testsuite.TestPortlet2</definition-id>
             <preferences>
                 <pref-name>TestName4</pref-name>
                 <pref-value>TestValue4</pref-value>
                 <read-only>true</read-only>
             </preferences>
         </portlet>
     </application>
     <application id="5">
         <definition-id>proxyportlet</definition-id>
         <portlet id="1">
             <definition-id>proxyportlet.ProxyPortlet</definition-id>
             <preferences>
                 <pref-name>TestName4</pref-name>
                 <pref-value>TestValue4</pref-value>
                 <read-only>true</read-only>
             </preferences>
         </portlet>
     </application>
</portlet-entity-registry>

And the
webapps/pluto/WEB-INF/data/pageregistry.xml like this

<portal>
     <fragment name="navigation"
class="org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.aggregation.n
avigation.TabNavigation">
     </fragment>
     <fragment name="row1" type="row">
             <fragment name="col1" type="column">