Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2007/02/15 11:10:44 UTC

mvn:release using svnkit?

Hi there,

In my continuing experimentation with maven I was just checking out the
release plugin and how it worked but got hit with "'svn' is not recognised
as an internal or external command" on my windows laptop.  I have no
subversion installed as every application I'm using (hudson, idea etc.) all
use svnkit [1] - the pure java subversion library (along with java ssh
libraries) to provide seamless support of subversion without installing
other software.

Has anyone looked at, or is it possible to use svnkit as part of the release
plugin so to not require installing ssh locally?  (This could also lead to
writing a ssh/subversion wagon plugin for deployments (I saw this asked
about the other day, and is something my boss has mentioned he'd like to
see).

Any thoughts?

[1] http://svnkit.com/

Re: mvn:release using svnkit?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 15 Feb 07, at 5:10 AM 15 Feb 07, Mark Derricutt wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> In my continuing experimentation with maven I was just checking out
> the
> release plugin and how it worked but got hit with "'svn' is not
> recognised
> as an internal or external command" on my windows laptop.  I have no
> subversion installed as every application I'm using (hudson, idea
> etc.) all
> use svnkit [1] - the pure java subversion library (along with java ssh
> libraries) to provide seamless support of subversion without
> installing
> other software.
>
> Has anyone looked at, or is it possible to use svnkit as part of
> the release
> plugin so to not require installing ssh locally?  (This could also
> lead to
> writing a ssh/subversion wagon plugin for deployments (I saw this
> asked
> about the other day, and is something my boss has mentioned he'd
> like to
> see).
>
> Any thoughts?

I have an svnkit provider, written by a colleague of mine, that we
used for a client so I'll talk to him about releasing it. It works
for doing releases and would work in continuum.

Give us a couple days.

jason.

Re: mvn:release using svnkit?

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
historically, maven scm started to develop pure java provider based on
svnkit.
However svnkit also now has a new license scheme that no longer
compatible with apache, and therefor the effort stopped.

http://svnkit.com/licensing/index.html

There is also effort to branch off svnkit but i dont think it is active

http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/svn4j

-D