Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Chris Yoerg <ch...@yoerg.net> on 2002/12/12 17:15:13 UTC

Need help with JBoss log files

I'm creating a custom log file within JBoss using a log4j.xml config
file.  I've successfully made the custom logger track actions of users
within the application in question, utilizing the following
configuration information(I'm getting the proper info).

I want the appender to create a new file every day, rather than
overwrite the same file, creating a history record of all changes made
to the database, which must be kept forever (it's for a law firm you
know).

The behavior I want is similar to the localhost_access(date).log files
that tomcat creates.  I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me
what modifications I need to make to the log4j.xml file to do this
properly.

I have looked in the archives, and the JBoss documentation doesn't tell
me what to do.

Thank you.

Chris Yoerg

These are the modifications to log4j.xml file that I have made so far.

<!-- Custom logging for patent prior art database changes-->
  <appender name="PRIORART"
class="org.jboss.logging.appender.RollingFileAppender">
    <param name="File"
value="${jboss.server.home.dir}/log/priorart.log"/>
    <param name="Append" value="false"/>
    <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/>
    <param name="MaxFileSize" value="500KB"/>
    <param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="10"/>

      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{MMM dd,yyyy HH:mm:ss}
    </layout>
  </appender>

<!-- Custom categories for patent prior art database changes-->
  <category name="net.yoerg">
    <priority value="INFO" />
    <appender-ref ref="PRIORART"/>
  </category>