Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2002/09/09 19:16:07 UTC

Tomcat - Apache - AJP 13 strange Problem with SSL

Hi,
We are using Tomcat 3.2.4 connected to Apache 1.3.x.  We have been using
Apache to handle SSL, but want to use some JSP's in the secure section, so
we need to forward those requests to Tomcat.  We have set up a secure
context in Tomcat for the virtual host.  Whenever someone accesses a url
with /secure* in it, we send those requests to Tomcat.  This works fine
except in one very strange scenario.

The very first time a computer tries to access a jsp file in this /secure*
context, a "page can't be displayed" error comes up in IE.  If the user hits
back, then submits again, everything works fine.  There are never anymore
problems when using that specific client machine.

This is VERY frustrating, as we have been looking a long time for the
solution and nothing seems to work.  Does anyone know a solution to this
problem???

Brandon