Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/10 21:37:23 UTC

Handling invalid album feeds

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Angela Cymbalak <a....@nechtan.org> wrote:

>> > If you do not have an Internet connection then the feeds throws an
>> > exception.
>> >

>> Ok, I can't promise anything for this week, but I can try taking a look at
>> this.
>
> Do you know where there is good documentation on the error handling for
> annotations?  I can handle the exception but I haven't been able to find
> good documentation on how error handling with annotations works.

I can't understand the annotation thing here, but for the case you mentioned.
Here is what I think it' s happening :

- We try to process the album references in AlbumImpl
- SCA runtime can't find the feed service, and throw an exception

I quickly reproduced this by modifying one of the feed uri in the
photo-gallery.composite and it seems that we can treat this issue by
surrounding the code that process each album with a try/catch like :

if (albumFeed != null) {
 try {
   for(org.apache.abdera.model.Entry feedPicture :
albumFeed.getFeed().getEntries()) {
     String feedImageLink =
feedPicture.getEnclosureLinkResolvedHref().toString();
     pictures.add(feedImageLink);
    }
  }catch (Exception e) {
     //log exception, warn user that album xxx was not processed (not found)
  }
}

Please let me know if this is the same issue you were seeing, and if
this solve your problem... I';; commit these changes in a few minutes

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: Handling invalid album feeds

Posted by Angela Cymbalak <a....@nechtan.org>.
I'll check this out.  I was thinking annotations needed a different
type of try/catch statement that I was unaware of because when I
tried what you have below, I keep getting compile time issues.

Angie