Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Mark Paluch <mp...@paluch.biz> on 2013/10/14 15:16:47 UTC

Logstash/GELF Appender for log4j2: https://github.com/mp911de/logstash-gelf

Hi there,
any interest on integrating a Logstash/GELF Appender in log4j2? My code for the appender is on Github: https://github.com/mp911de/logstash-gelf

Best regards,
Mark

Re: Logstash/GELF Appender for log4j2: https://github.com/mp911de/logstash-gelf

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mark.

Please don't forget: we require an ICLA from you to accept your
contribution:
www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

If I were you, i would focus first on log4j2. To date it is not clear if
I ever manage
to get out a new log4j 1.2.18 release. This said log4j2 releases each
month at the moment.

>>> mpaluch@paluch.biz
>>> WWW. http://www.paluch.biz
>>

>> --
>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
>> Spring Batch in Action
>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>> Home: http://garygregory.com/

> Mark Paluch
>
> --
>
> PALUCH.biz
> Heckenpfad 14 // 69469 Weinheim
> T. 0 62 01/65 04 24-0 // F. 0 62 01/65 04 24-9
> mpaluch@paluch.biz
> WWW. http://www.paluch.biz

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: Logstash/GELF Appender for log4j2: https://github.com/mp911de/logstash-gelf

Posted by Mark Paluch <mp...@paluch.biz>.
Well, right. My intention was primary log4j2. Both use
com.googlecode.json-simple:json-simple:1.1 as external library. I've got
also an log4j 1.2.x appender. I'll rewrite the code for both versions, so
you can decide later on, which one (or even both) you want to integrate.

2013/10/16 Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>

> We are talking about two separate appenders right? Are there any jar
> dependencies?
>
> Gary
>
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Mark Paluch <mp...@paluch.biz> wrote:
> > Hi Christian,
> > yep, I'd like to contribute. The best would be as separate package, like
> > flume-ng. The code started as general integration for different
> frameworks
> > (log4j1.2, JUL, Logback), we could pull the interesting log4j2 stuff
> into a
> > separate codebase which complies with Apache licenses, standards etc.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Mark
> >

> > 2013/10/16 Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>
> >>
> >> Hey Mark
> >>
> >> this is great stuff!
> >>
> >> Do you want to contribute it?
> >>
> >> Not sure if should be part of the main log4j package or if we should
> >> provide a separate package, like Log4j Integrations.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> On 14 Oct 2013, at 15:16, Mark Paluch wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi there,
> >> any interest on integrating a Logstash/GELF Appender in log4j2? My code
> >> for the appender is on Github: https://github.com/mp911de/logstash-gelf
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Mark

> >> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org
> >>
> >> ________________________________
> >>
> >> http://www.grobmeier.de
> >> @grobmeier
> >> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB
> >

> > --
> > Mark Paluch
> >
> > --
> >
> > PALUCH.biz
> > Heckenpfad 14 // 69469 Weinheim
> > T. 0 62 01/65 04 24-0 // F. 0 62 01/65 04 24-9
> > mpaluch@paluch.biz
> > WWW. http://www.paluch.biz

> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
> Spring Batch in Action
> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Mark Paluch

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Paluch <mp...@paluch.biz>.
Hi Christian,

--
Mark Paluch

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hey Mark

this is great stuff!

Do you want to contribute it?

Not sure if should be part of the main log4j package or if we should
provide a separate package, like Log4j Integrations.

Cheers

On 14 Oct 2013, at 15:16, Mark Paluch wrote:

> Hi there,
> any interest on integrating a Logstash/GELF Appender in log4j2? My
> code for the appender is on Github:
> https://github.com/mp911de/logstash-gelf
>
> Best regards,
> Mark