Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/07/09 18:45:26 UTC

Work on the Scala script engine is suspended for now

Hi,

We're having lots of trouble in getting the Scala scripting engine to
do anything useful, so for now our GSoC student Janandith is not going
to work on that anymore.

We might ask him to go back to it if Michael Duerig or myself (or
other volunteers of course) find some time to dig deeper. The workings
of the embedded Scala compiler/interpreter are still somewhat
mysterious for us, and it seems like not many people are using it, so
finding out more about our problems is kinda hard.

For now, I have asked Janandith to work on SLING-475, with the idea
that having him write additional automated tests might be useful for
the project, and a good learning experience. We'll see how that works.

-Bertrand

Re: Work on the Scala script engine is suspended for now

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Betrand,

Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> We're having lots of trouble in getting the Scala scripting engine to
> do anything useful, so for now our GSoC student Janandith is not going
> to work on that anymore.

Too bad. But thanks for the information.

> We might ask him to go back to it if Michael Duerig or myself (or
> other volunteers of course) find some time to dig deeper. The workings
> of the embedded Scala compiler/interpreter are still somewhat
> mysterious for us, and it seems like not many people are using it, so
> finding out more about our problems is kinda hard.
>
> For now, I have asked Janandith to work on SLING-475, with the idea
> that having him write additional automated tests might be useful for
> the project, and a good learning experience. We'll see how that works.

Makes sense.

Regards
Felix