Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by CPC Livelink Admin <cp...@fitzpatrick.cc> on 2000/11/28 03:13:14 UTC

RE: Multipart stuff - inside JSP?

I use it all the time in my JSPs.  I don't understand why you are trying to
embed the source in the JSP instead of just using it though - Here is how I
use it :

<%@
	page language="java"
	import="java.io.*, java.util.*"
	errorPage="load-action-docs-error.jsp"
%>
8< snip >8
<%
  String FileDestination = strMSUploadDir + java.io.File.separator +
session.getId();
  File fUploadDir = new File(FileDestination);
  fUploadDir.mkdirs();

  com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest multi = new
com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest(request, FileDestination,
iMSMaxFileSize);

  Enumeration files = multi.getFileNames();
  while (files.hasMoreElements()) {

    ... etc (like HTML) below ...

Posted by Shashank Tripathi <su...@shanx.com>.
Hi Mike,

This must be a very, very silly error on your part - I made the same
mistake. :)
It seems you have modified the JAVA class to name the filenames in a certain
manner (by appending the session ID). Where are you doing this?

THis should be in the section of the code where you check for the

 	if (filename == null)
	{
	}
	else
	{
		// -- Do the needful to change the file stuff..
	}

Recompile, it should work.

Hope this helps,
Shanx

Posted by Mike Kobe <wi...@iname.com>.
I am trying to use it now from within the JSP and calling the class.
However, it saves all the elements of the form as a file! Why is this?

Here is my code:

------------------------
<%@
 page language="java"
 import="java.io.*, java.util.*, java.sql.*"
%>

<%

 //----------------------------------
 // Initialize the variables
 //----------------------------------
 String uploadDir  = "D:" + java.io.File.separator + "temp";
 String fileDestination  = uploadDir + java.io.File.separator;
 String currSessionID = session.getId() + "";

 File CMSUploadDir = new File(fileDestination);
   CMSUploadDir.mkdirs();

 //----------------------------------
 // Call the functions
 //----------------------------------
   com.oreilly.servlets.MultipartHandler m = new
   com.oreilly.servlets.MultipartHandler(request
               ,fileDestination
               ,1024*1024
               ,currSessionID);

 //----------------------------------
 // List all the parameters
 //----------------------------------
 Enumeration params = m.getParameterNames();
  while (params.hasMoreElements())
 {
  String name = (String)params.nextElement();
  String value = m.getParameter(name);
  }
  out.println("<P>");

 //----------------------------------
 // List all the files uploaded
 //----------------------------------
  Enumeration files = m.getFileNames();
  while (files.hasMoreElements())
 {
  String f_name = (String) files.nextElement();
  File f_value = m.getFile(f_name);
  }
  out.println("<P>");

%>

------------------------

My form has :

text INPUT : col1
text INPUT : col2
file INPUT : col3
text INPUT : col4

The output from the above program is:

---
col4 = D:\temp\ilK1XlTJbjD2qe15I0_null
col3 = D:\temp\ilK1XlTJbjD2qe15I0_balance.gif
col2 = D:\temp\ilK1XlTJbjD2qe15I0_null
col1 = D:\temp\ilK1XlTJbjD2qe15I0_null
Submit = D:\temp\ilK1XlTJbjD2qe15I0_null
---

If you notice, then the text fields are also getting saved as files!!! (I am
pre-appending the session ID to the file names).

Any idea would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike