Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2019/04/24 07:48:59 UTC

[PROPOSAL] DataModel - Improve Internal Fields injection

Hi All,

Currently our functions inject following internal fields into the model of
each entity:

   - createdStamp
   - createdTxStamp
   - lastUpdatedStamp
   - lastUpdatedTxStamp

All of the fields above are of the field type definition 'date-time',
giving for java: java.sql.Timestamp, and for sql: TIMESTAMP. This means
that the createdTxStamp is the same as createdStamp  and lastUpdatedTxStamp
is the same as lastUpdatedStamp.

Should we get rid of the redundant fields?

Also, a lot of entity definitions in the various models have the
'createdByUserLogin' and 'lastModifiedByUserLogin' added.

Should we have these fields added to the internal fields set so that these
are always injected into the model of each entity, and always filled?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*

Re: auto-stamp fields in "entity-engine in webtools". was [[Re: [PROPOSAL] DataModel - Improve Internal Fields injection]]

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is handled by OFBIZ-10959, so we can close this convo and use rather "[PROPOSAL] Enable entity timestamp fields" at
https://markmail.org/message/x7paa3ulljns6awh if ever needed (OK there and in Jira for me)

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Deepak, Suraj,

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co>.
+1, Deepak Dixit.

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Pritam, All,

Posted by Gil Portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
A big post for saying that the feature i just wanted to recall about do
not fit your need :).

I used it in the past for a critical audit, and was happy with it.

Le 14:23 - vendredi 26 avril, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Gill, all,
>
> The entity_audit_log feature also sprung into my mind shortly after I
> posted my comment.

[...]

> And last but not least: he fourth -1 regarding the
> 'enable_audit_log'-feature is that it doesn't appear to be working as
> expected. I did a cursory test with an order some moments ago in ofbiz (see
> [1]) and it does not capture the old values on the line items. But I may be
> misunderstanding the screen/process there.

In my experience i got old and new value, date and userLogin.

Regards,

Re: [PROPOSAL] DataModel - Improve Internal Fields injection

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Fwiw more often than not I can identify who made a specific change by
searching the logs, assuming they're retained for long enough. Most http
requests log the session ID (when the view is rendered) which can then be
matched to a user via the Visit table.

I'm not sure if that has changed in recent versions but I've used it many
times over the years.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Gill, all,

[...]

From what I got from memory recollection and recent searches, that this

Posted by Gil Portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello,

When I worked on issue OFBIZ-5010, I have been imagine to use an other
parameter on entity definition like internal to generate these 4 fields
createdByUserLogin, lastModifiedByUserLogin, createdDate, lastModifiedDate.

example :

     <entity name="Product" track="true" ...>

but more with idea to extend it

      <extend-entity entity-name="Product" track="true" />

If we want to load it or change the current internal default value, I
suggest to improve entity group or entity package to received this
information. Like this we can easily define the value for a set of
entity instead define it one by one.

Nicolas

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co>.
I am not able to find the thread,
But I remember we had already a discussion regarding the same topic.

Kind Regards,
Deepak Dixit

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Thanks Michael,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Dear Pierre,
I'm not aware of history of this duplicate entries. I agree with you on
removing duplicate fields. Also agree with adding created user and updated
user fields as default.

Few points for open discussion for community;
- There are many entities already have user fields, so do we need to remove
them. Point to discuss. IMO we can live with both.
- There are certain entries like dimension, search etc which does not
require user information.
- From community if someone have information on Tx fields then we can
rethink of not removing.

Lastly, this thread should take time to conclude after all inputs.

Thanks for interesting proposal!

Best Regards,