Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John MccLain <jm...@tcshealthcare.com> on 2004/02/24 18:21:09 UTC

list of authenticated users question

Does Tomcat store a collection of authenticated users somewhere, or do I
have to do that inside my webapp. If I do, then can someone recommend the
best place for this - i.e., a valve, a filter, in the service() method, a
listener, etc..

RE: list of authenticated users question

Posted by Mike Curwen <gb...@gb-im.com>.
Maintaining this list is implied by the spec, since the container
(obviously/probably?) needs to remember who it has authenticated. But
there's nothing that says it needs to tell anyone else about it.

I'd recommend a Filter, since it's cross-container.