Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2009/05/18 09:45:27 UTC

[VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

M6 release artifacts are posted here:

   http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.0M6/

Please evaluate and cats your vote. Here is my unit testing results:

HSQLDB [passed]
PostgreSQL [passed]
H2 [passed]
SQLServer [passed]

MySQL

   Failed tests:
   test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetAllowNullToDbTest)

Oracle
   Failed tests:

testPerformQueryInheritanceSuper
(org.apache.cayenne.CayenneContextInheritanceTest)
   test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetNotNullToDbTest)
   testAddAndDropColumnToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
   testChangeVarcharSizeToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
   testMultipleTokensToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
   test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.ValueForNullTest)
   test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetAllowNullToDbTest)

testDBGeneratorStrategy
(org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SchemaUpdateStrategyTest)

testMixedStrategyTableNoExist
(org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SchemaUpdateStrategyTest)

Derby

   Tests in error:

testDifferentEntity
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
   testExists(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
   testAddTable(org.apache.cayenne.merge.CreateTableToModelTest)

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
Otherwise, it's all OK for my apps, +1

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
I'm going to have to be +0, unfortunately.  I began testing last
night, but my MBP graphic card died today.  So, I'm largely out a
computer for the next week.

Way to "Think Different."

--
Kevin

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.

> M6 release artifacts are posted here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.0M6/
>
> Please evaluate and cats your vote. Here is my unit testing results:

I'm +0 on this. Unfortunately this week we have a big client deadline
that is taking more of my time than I hoped, so I'm not going to get a
chance to test properly. However we are running a fairly recent svn
build in production with no problems against Derby and MS SQL. I am
all for this release and believe it should happen now and that it is
of high quality. I just can't test it against our application and
tests right now.

Ari Maniatis

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
Hello.

+1

What I did:
  * Downloaded the mac version and used the modeler.
  * Tested with our (company) junit tests for Derby and PostgreSQL.

Regards,
  - Tore.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Not a show stopper, but just noticed that the naming strategy choices
are stuck under ~/.cayenne/modeler.preferences" which is an incorrect
location. Preferences service should be used instead. So I ended up
pulling "access.reveng" old package names, and the new and correct
names weren't presented in the dropdown.

This is minor, as the file can be edited by hand, but still figured
I'd mention.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Sorry, this was a typo. Thanks for correcting.

On May 25, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Minor correction.  My vote was +0.  The vote still passes, but wanted
> to correct the record.
>
> --
> Kevin
>

> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org
> > wrote:
>> Vote results:
>>
>> Andrey Razumovsky +1
>> Ari Maniatis +0
>> Michael Gentry +0
>> Andrus Adamchik +1
>> Tore Halset +1
>> Kevin Menard +1
>>
>> So the vote has passed and we can push the artifacts. I will try to
>> do that
>> later tonight. Then we can discuss the announcement.
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>> On May 18, 2009, at 10:45 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> M6 release artifacts are posted here:
>>>
>>>  http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.0M6/
>>>
>>> Please evaluate and cats your vote. Here is my unit testing results:
>>>

>>> HSQLDB [passed]
>>> PostgreSQL [passed]
>>> H2 [passed]

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to call attention to the ant tasks being moved out to the
cayenne-tools assembly somehow.  I think the cdbimport task for ant
and mojo for maven2 are noteworthy as well.

--
Kevin

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 26/05/2009, at 5:00 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Ari, do you have time to make an announcement?

No problem. My big project just yesterday had its last lurch toward
final release, so I'm much more free now.

Ari

-------------------------->

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On May 25, 2009, at 9:35 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> we can push the artifacts. I will try to do that later tonight. Then
> we can discuss the announcement.

The release is done (subject to regular synchronization delays). Out
of the postrelease steps I did the Jira version status update and the
download page update. Ari, do you have time to make an announcement?

Here is an incomplete list of things from the release notes that are
worth the user attention IMO:

1. Quoting of identifiers (a very popular request)
2. EJBQL/SQLTemplate/ProcedureQuery queries catching up with
SelectQuery supporting the same set of configuration parameters.
3. Nested contexts in ROP.
4. Support for EJBQL in the Modeler
5. JPA is officially out of 3.0
6. *Lots* of bug fixes.

This list is biased towards the features and third party contributions
that I've been involved with, simply because I have a good
understanding of what those are about. Please extend it as you think
is appropriate.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.