Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/08 01:26:26 UTC

Email address to be used when requesting SSL cert?

What email address should be used when requesting an SSL cert as per
DEPLOYMENT.md?

Would private@whimsical.a.o be suitable?

Sebb

Re: Email address to be used when requesting SSL cert?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I resolved the issue by registering whimsy-test once the DNS had taken.

We'll need to update the cert once we're closer to switchover.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 8:50 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 01:34, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 8:26 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > What email address should be used when requesting an SSL cert as per
> > > DEPLOYMENT.md?
> > >
> > > Would private@whimsical.a.o be suitable?
> >
> > Yes.  That's what I used last time.  See:
> >

> Just tried it and there are several errors.
> This is probably partly because the https server is not yet running?
>
> The process also tries to access whimsy.apache.org and
> whimsy-test.apache.org.
> These are currently in use by the production server.
> I don't understand how the instructions can work whilst the existing server
> is in use.
> I assume there must be a different process for migrating a server?

You do need a running web server, and for the DNS entries to match this machine.

You can rerun this command at any time the DNS changes.

So, for now you could (for example) only set up whimsy-test.apache.org
(perhaps addressing your concern about people accidentally making
changes?) and later whimsy.a.o, whimsy-vm5.a.o, etc.

> > /etc/letsencrypt/accounts/
> > acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory/902441c9c015a8e7592bfe6cbaf5e735/regr.json
> >
> > {"body": {"contact": ["mailto:private@whimsical.apache.org"]...
> >
> > > Sebb
> >
> > - Sam Ruby

- Sam Ruby

Re: Email address to be used when requesting SSL cert?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 8:26 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What email address should be used when requesting an SSL cert as per
> DEPLOYMENT.md?
>
> Would private@whimsical.a.o be suitable?

Yes.  That's what I used last time.  See:

/etc/letsencrypt/accounts/acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory/902441c9c015a8e7592bfe6cbaf5e735/regr.json

{"body": {"contact": ["mailto:private@whimsical.apache.org"]...

> Sebb

- Sam Ruby