Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Slack <no...@slack.com> on 2017/07/06 07:17:26 UTC

[Slack] Notifications from the ASF team for July 6th, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Hi ARIA TOSCA,

You have a new direct message from the ASF team
(https://the-asf.slack.com/x-185534614710-208018161089/).

---

@digestai
View in the archives:
https://the-asf.slack.com/x-185534614710-208018161089/archives/D5E4SCANM/p1499324539853771

Digest.AI (10:02 AM, July 6th)
Hi ARIA,
*Here’s your digest for July 6th 2017*
There are 142 messages yesterday, and the most active user is John Ament

*#ariatosca*
 @maxim: I assume you mean the first issue; there were some tests that
didn't close the executors, and some where the thread failed to finish
which caused the build to freeze.
 @smarthi: @here weirdos - bouncing this off of u
 consider moving aria to Gitbox ??
 we  moved all OpenNLP repos to Gitbox this week - and its been less
painful merging PRs
 and u have all the benefits of a true Github project
 if folks r ok, i can start a Vote thread on dev@
 and then file an Infra ticket to migrate all of our repos to gitbox
 what say?
 @ran @emblemparade @avia @arthurberezin ^^^
 @smarthi: we just moved one of my TLPs to gitbox this week - Apache
OpenNLP
 the whole team is happy
 @johndament: My feedback is that the team has to fix some communication
issues.
 If I see more on list communication, I’ll have no issue with moving
to gitbox
 From my POV, people raise PRs, magically things happen, changes get
pushed to those PRs and suddenly they’re merged.
 Even if the bare minimum discussion on those PRs were tracked, I would
see that as a huge step forward (and probably a better reason to use
gitbox)
 @emblemparade: all the discussions on the PRs take place in github, on
the PRs. i wonder if there is a way to mirror that to the mailing list?
we discuss things quite a lot there.

*Links shared by your team today:*

* * *

You can snooze these notifications for
an hour:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-5a1cb74d28-notify-mute-1h
eight hours:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-796e6535e1-notify-mute-8h
a day:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-4e6e073ada-notify-mute-1d
three days:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-806a2d8aa0-notify-mute-3d
or the next week:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-6adc840c34-notify-mute-7d.

You can also turn email notifications off:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-64de78982b-notify.

For more detailed preferences, see your account page:
https://the-asf.slack.com/account.