Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/20 14:46:14 UTC

How to Migrate from old org.openidex.util to New API

While running one of  the unit tests against old code migrated in, I get
the failure shown at the end of this thread.

I suspect this has to do with the code in question using an older
deprecated API (specifically org.openidex.util and related Search
classes).  I assume the new API package may be org.netbeans.api.search

Is there any details on how to migrate from this to an alternative newer
API?

I see references to org.openidex.util here (
https://netbeans.apache.org/wiki/DevFaqLibrariesModuleDescriptions.asciidoc
) related to Servlet APIs which wasn't sure if this is correct.

Display Name         Module              Comments
org.openidex.util     Servlet 2.2 API   org.netbeans.modules.servletapi

I find details about the org.netbean.api.search here (
https://bits.netbeans.org/12.3/javadoc/org-netbeans-api-search/apichanges.html
), but I don't see any reference to org.openidex.util in the list.

On maven central (
https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.netbeans.api/org-openidex-util/RELEASE124/jar
) , I find reference to artifact name for org.openidex.util and dependency
like the below.   Is this the likely migrate path?

  <groupId>org.netbeans.api</groupId>
  *<artifactId>org-openidex-util</artifactId>*
  <version>RELEASE124</version>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.netbeans.api</groupId>
   *   <artifactId>org-netbeans-api-search</artifactId>*
      <version>RELEASE124</version>
    </dependency>

----

deprecatedModulesAreDisabled Failure Some deprecated modules are in use
org.openidex.util is deprecated and should not be enabled

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Some deprecated modules are in use
org.openidex.util is deprecated and should not be enabled
at
org.netbeans.core.validation.ValidateModulesTest.deprecatedModulesAreDisabled(ValidateModulesTest.java:274)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.netbeans.junit.NbTestCase.access$200(NbTestCase.java:77)
at org.netbeans.junit.NbTestCase$2.doSomething(NbTestCase.java:476)
at org.netbeans.junit.NbTestCase$1Guard.run(NbTestCase.java:402)

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Re: How to Migrate from old org.openidex.util to New API

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
I should note, it compiles and runs fine locally in my workspace (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ua48Uu6OTKNkcG_9sQOOicl5JpjrBtMgSy4SSjumAuU/
)…it’s the commit validation checks that assume enforce some quality and
API versioning checks here (given its older code probably has need fir api
updates).

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Yes I ran

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

[...]

From the direction of the tests I suspect, that the module setup you

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Am I assume it would involve changing over

From packages/classes like: