Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Saptarshi Guha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/09 20:14:52 UTC

Question for ORCFileFormat

Hello,

Are there any examples of writing using ORC as aFileOutputFormat (and then
as a FileInputFormat) in MapReduce jobs? I was looking at the source of
ORCFIleInput/OutputFormat but couldn't quite grok how to compose the
ORCSerdes.

Cheers
Saptarshi

Re: Question for ORCFileFormat

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
If you have hive metastore setup, using hcatalog is easy, you just
need the jars and hive-site.xml directory in the classpath. Then you
can use the hcat input/output formats in your map-reduce program -
http://hive.apache.org/docs/hcat_r0.5.0/inputoutput.html

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Question for ORCFileFormat