Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by James Turton <dz...@apache.org> on 2021/10/30 09:39:31 UTC

A new developer wiki begins!

I'm delighted to report that the gold mine of developer information that
is Paul Rogers' Drill wiki has just formed the basis of a new Drill
developer wiki.

https://github.com/apache/drill/wiki

The community would like to thank Paul for this sizeable and valuable
contribution, and for his blessing that we proceed to merge the work
under the normal Apache contributor terms.

Our work here is just beginning.  A wiki is never a completed work, but
requires ongoing editing from all of us to remain complete and
accurate.  Let's go on to make it the powerful asset for future Drill
developers that it certainly can be.

James

Re: A new developer wiki begins!

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
LGTM. +1

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Apache projects welcome many contributors. It is very unusual for any
contributor to be named separately from others. For example, we don't name
the original Drill developers, nor do we name the person who tirelessly
worked to write the Drill docs and website. If the Wiki is healthy, many
will contribute over time; it will be awkward to figure out who did more:
more text? More commits? More answering the questions recorded in an edit?

We're on the committer's page: that's consistent with how Apache projects
work.

Thanks!

- Paul

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.