Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cbarnes <cb...@tarantella.com> on 2002/05/01 12:15:39 UTC

Updating files without restarting Tomcat

I am using Tomcat 4.

I have a .properties file in my WEB-INF/classes part of my work tree, which
is read in using a ResourceBundle.
My problem is that if I update this properties file it does not recognise
the new version until I have restarted Tomcat.
Is there a config value I can change so that I don't have to restart Tomcat
each time I change the properties file?
If there is can it apply to only certain files or sections of the
application? I don't want Tomcat to check if .class files have changed
everytime it uses them as this isn't necessary and will obviously effect
performance.

Thanks,
Catharine