Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "THOMAS, JAI [AG-Contractor/1000]" <ja...@monsanto.com> on 2005/02/09 21:56:07 UTC

Jar files in EAR root.

I have been trying to invoke Axis jar files installed under EAR root (as opposed to webapp/WEB-INF/lib) for the past couple of days but with no success. It does work fine if I keep all files under web-inf/lib but needed to move them to EAR folder since couple of our application jars need to see Axis jars. EAR root is always included in an enterprise app class path and should work, but doesn't.

Instead it gives ClassNotFoundException for javax.xml.soap.SOAPException which is in saaj.jar. I keep getting this error even if I copy saaj.jar to web-inf/lib folder.

I have seen this same problem reported in the past not seen any solution.

Please let me know if anyone has a solution for this.

Jai Thomas
Monsanto