Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Hans Schmid <hs...@standards.tiefbaubg.de> on 2000/08/14 17:00:43 UTC

Is it possible to pass parameters into targets?

Hello,

i am completely new to ant, so forgive me if, I have overlooked something in the docs, or a similar question
 has been discussed earlier.

I would like to port some Makefiles to Ant (currently 1.1) and would appreciate any help or pointers to help
on the following topics:

Is it possible to pass parameters into targets?

like <target name="ejb" depends="compile,jetace,deploy" parameterlist="name,package")
which would pass on two parameter. I would like to use them properties

    <jar jarfile="./$(name).jar"
         basedir="./classes"
         includes="${package}/*.class"
    />

this would allow me to have a target similar to the Makefile.bean in my makefile:

Makefile:

all: a b

a:
	make -f Makefile.bean name=Ejb1 package=package1

b:	make -f Makefile.bean name=Ejb2 package=package2

and have only one Makefile.bean (resp. ant target) to be executed for compiling, rmic, jar, deploying.

I tried to use properies, but they seem to be like global constants.

Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thanks,

Hans