Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> on 2011/01/26 15:38:14 UTC

set portlet title of "access denied" portlet

Hi,

f.e.: I have a portlet with access denied on my page. How can I change
the portlet-title to correct title of portlet (display-name)?

kind regards

Frank

Re: set portlet title of "access denied" portlet

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> f.e.: I have a portlet with access denied on my page. How can I change the
> portlet-title to correct title of portlet (display-name)?

In PortletRendererImpl.java, when rendering a portlet, a
PortletAccessDeniedException is thrown. It appears the title is never
set, and the content is set to what appears to be the localized
message:

        catch (PortletAccessDeniedException e)
        {
            fragment.overrideRenderedContent(e.getLocalizedMessage());
        }

Changing the message would require properly using a resource string. I
think we can still put the title on the portlet, but it would require
a patch. If you would create a JIRA issue, I'd be glad to fix the
localized message and the title bugs ASAP